Official Ecclesiastical Endorsing Agency
Serve Ministries, Inc (SMI) is an Official Ecclesiastical Endorsing Agency for Veterans Affairs Chaplaincy
Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a Full-Time Employed Chaplain for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
How To Become a VA ChaplainVA chaplains are employed at VA medical facilities in three different capacities: full-time, part-time, and intermittent. To be considered for the role of full-time or part-time VA chaplain, an applicant must typically have the following qualifications:are employed at VA medical facilities in three different capacities: full-time, part-time, and intermittent. To be considered for the role of full-time or part-time VA chaplain, an applicant must typically have the following qualifications:
- U.S. citizen
- Hold a Master of Divinity degree or degree of equal qualification and religious education
- Show an ecclesiastical endorsement dated within 12 months of applying for the VA chaplain position
- Completed at least four units of Clinical Pastoral Education in a program accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education or the or the Institute for Clinical Pastoral Training.
- Application is available at:
- – ACPE website - https://www.acpe.edu/ACPE/Resources/Forms.aspx
- – New CPE Student Application Form (orbund.com)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Registered with Selective Service or have a valid exemption
- Meet any appropriate requirements for specialized chaplaincy service – such as mental health or substance abuse counseling
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
Serve Ministries, Inc. (SMI) wants you!!!
Seeking Chaplain Candidates that want to go on Active Duty. SMI is going through the process with the
Department of Defense to become a DoD Non-Denominational Endorsing Agency.
If interested, please contact Lead Chaplain Michael Belton at 850-460-5785
Community Chaplains Support
Our Military Families
When soldiers are deployed, their families often struggle. We help train volunteer community chaplains to serve within our military community and assist families when they are in need. Serve Ministries, Inc. also works with churches and other ministries within the community to identify families that need assistance and get them the support they need. If you are a military family member or know of one in need, please contact our Ministry Care line at 850-460-5785.